Faculty of Medicine travel grants available for researchers, autumn 2019The Faculty of Medicine offers travel grants for scientific and pedagogic conferences outside Finland, and for international lab visits. In 2019, the application process is organised twice, first call took place in February and another now in September.
Travel grants are available to researchers on the second and third levels of the University's four-level system for teaching and research staff, and to grant recipients (postdoctoral or similar levels including those with a grant-recipient's contract) of Faculty units (Clinicum, Medicum, and RPU) for travel to a scientific or pedagogic conference outside Finland or for an international lab visit. (Level 2 - Postdoctoral researcher, university instructor Level 3 - University lecturer and clinical instructor, university researcher, senior researcher, research coordinator, assistant and associate professors). Doctoral students, professors and research directors are not eligible to apply. In RPU preference will be given to applications from postdocs.
• For scientific conferences, either an oral or a poster presentation is required.
• For pedagogic conferences, no abstract is required.
• Each applicant can only be awarded a mobility grant once during a calendar year, either in the February or the September call.
• The applicant must have a contract of employment or grant period or visiting research scientist agreement in Clinicum, Medicum or RPU in force until the end of the travel.
• Travel destination cannot be changed.
• The travel should take place by the end of 2020.
The amount of the grant depends on the destination, as follows:
• Europe 1 000 euros
• Other continents 2 000 euros
To apply for a travel grant, please complete this e-form during the application period 1-30 September 2019. Call will close at midnight on 30th.
Unit directors will decide on the grant recipients during October 2019.
For more information, please contact controllers:
Clinicum: Tuomas Hurri (email@example.com, tel. 02941 25166)
Medicum: Heidi Smalin (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 02941 26636)
RPU: Merja Tynjälä (email@example.com, tel. 02941 25321) or Tuomas Hurri (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 02941 25166)
For general advise for all units: Sanna Villikka (email@example.com, tel. 02941 23200 )